Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The light is eclipsed by excessive decadence
and I know not where the honesty
of undying affection went
amnesty of men
harboring nostalgia of the dead
yearning for the precipitated end
the end of racing disgust in my head
a place of disaster and impending sin
my identity has betrayed an unfit friend
seaside, a suicide swim
his fucking voice pulled me in again
all of the other boats were the wrong size
he made me promise after eating ores of his lies
that I’d keep steering straight
in heaven’s eyes
ha, the fuck right
it was too little
too fucking late
that fire had long died

By scarlett sunrise,
the last of the lame sense in me
had cried and formed a pasty, dry disguise
I don’t know how my smile fools
so many fools
there is no fucking happiness in here
joy puked and smeared
restless in horrid company
company of the unkind
most of the blind
don’t even know they are blind
is there such purpose to heal?
my ghosts, their moans, echo more real
in a heaven not of me
for I am hell
I know not why the truth rings like Satan’s bell
maybe redemption is the final surprise
for negativity is surely unfurl and unwise
and so few know true compromise
but somewhere beyond the maze of the magi moon
covered in the misery of demon dreaded skies
our love is still alive
and well

Jessica Robbins (c) 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment